Dear Guild members,
Your Management Team (Executive Officers/Coordinators) together with the QOTT Committee have approved to reschedule the 2020 “Quilts on the Tay” show to 2021.
- Protects LCQG members and our communities, should the emergency measure “social distancing” and other gathering decrees still apply.
- Protects LCQG finance as currently only a minimal amount has been spent on printing for posters and bookmarks. These could be reused with “new date” sticker.
- Should there be a 2nd wave of Covid-19, we risk a last minute cancellation of Smith Falls public spaces, including our venue, resulting in a loss of thousands of dollars.
- Attendance may be lower due to illness or finances, including those of our Vendors.
- Guild finances are sound, and an idea has come forward to hold a Christmas Sale to generate extra revenue. Your consignment items slated for the QOTT Boutique will have a new outlet.
This is a New Normal with our Quilt Show, again in a third year!