I have recently taken over the role of Guild Librarian and look forward to overseeing our excellent Guild library and assisting members to utilize this valuable quilting resource.
To make the library available to members during these unusual times, a successful outdoor Library event was held in August, with many using the opportunity to return library books, take out new ones and socially distant visit with fellow guild members. A big thank you to Marilyn Lockyer for suggesting this creative way to keep the library accessible to our members!
We will be holding a similar event on October 6 (rain date October 7), from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., in the Lions Club parking lot. All our books and tools will be available for members to see and check out. I will contact members to remind you of the books/tools that you have already checked out and can return at this event.
Some of the guidelines for our library event:
- Please wear a mask and respect social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- If you need a book on a specific topic, you can choose it ahead of time by going to our website https://www.librarything.com/catalog/LCQG and looking through our on-line library, or drop me an email and I will help you.
- Please return your books/tools in the bin that will be marked “Returns”.
- The Lions Club building will not be available for use.
I hope to see many of you at this event. A great opportunity to get inspiration for your cold weather quilting projects!