This workshop flows well from Cheryl’s Scrap vs Scrappy trunk show and lecture! Who doesn’t have scraps they don’t know what to do with? Don’t throw away your little scraps! Those bits and pieces have excellent potential, this class will show you how to use every last scrap.
Each student will work on a unique quilt, coming away with a new appreciation for their scraps
Cheryl will cover sorting, storing and using your scraps. You’ll leave her workshop with your scraps all sorted, great ideas for storing and organizing your scraps plus you’ll have a good start on a scrappy quilt top. This is all about learning to love your scraps, down to every last bit.
Learn to see your scraps as an inspiring sight, not a burden or mess.
– Have your scraps accessible in a suitcase/bin/or bag as is. Do not worry about
sorting them first.
– Large/X-Large Zippered Freezer plastic bags 6-12 (or more, depending on your
– Sewing Machine
– Rotary cutter, cutting mat, scissors
– Iron and ironing board
– Needles and thread in a neutral colour
– Quilting ruler – 12 1⁄2’’ square or similar
– Sunday Morning Quilts (optional)
– Chocolate and candy for energy (optional)
Cost: $35 for members; $45 for non-members. There is a $1.50 premium if paying by PayPal.
MEMBERS FEE: Workshop: Cheryl Arkison, Scraptastic
NON-MEMBERS FEE: Workshop: Cheryl Arkison, Scraptastic